- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 large Swai fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- ¼ cup chopped green onion (green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chile pepper of your choice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh oregano leaves
In a shallow pan that can hold the Swai fillets in a single layer, combine the juice, oil, and garlic, mixing well. Add the fillets, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour (not more than 2), turning a few times.
Meanwhile, make the relish by combining the last seven ingredients in a bowl and mixing well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best used within three hours.
Remove the Swai fillets from the marinade and discard mixture. Pat the fillets dry with paper towels then grill at medium heat (over a barbecue or in a preheated grill pan) five minutes per side. Turn carefully to keep the fillets in one piece. When the fillets are done they should be just opaque throughout. Serve at once with the Vera Cruz relish.