- 4 Swai fillets (about six ounces)
- 1 ½ tablespoons seasoning salt of your choice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- lemon wedges, for serving
Place the Swai fillets in a shallow bowl or baking dish. Sprinkle with one tablespoon of the seasoning salt, then add the lemon juice, parsley and garlic. Turn the fillets several times to coat evenly. Allow to stand at room temperature for about ten minutes.
Combine the flour, cornmeal, salt and remaining seasoning salt in a shallow bowl. Remove the fillets from the marinade, shake off the excess, and dredge in the cornmeal mixture, coating evenly.
Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fillets in batches until golden brown, turning once, about four minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on paper towels. Season with salt and serve with lemon wedges and parley.